Re: kernels v2.6.x vs. /dev/nst0 ???

> Regardless of kernel, I see this:
>
>    # cat /proc/scsi/scsi
>    Attached devices:=20
>    Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 05 Lun: 00
>      Vendor: HP       Model: C1537A           Rev: L812
>      Type:   Sequential-Access                ANSI SCSI revision: 02
>    . . .

Just because the device is visible on the SCSI bus, does not mean
that the kernel knows how to operate it. My guess is that the
new kernel does not have 'st' module compile in or available as
a module which has been loaded.

Run:

	grep _ST=  /boot/config-*

to see if how the tape driver is compiled (y=in kernel, m=module, n=not
compiled at all).

If you see 'y' it should work, I hope you don't see that! :-)

If 'm' then have you loaded the module? Try 'lsmod'. Do you see it
listed?)

If 'n' then you need to make a new kernel from sources.

Alexis
http://dione.no-ip.org/~alexis/