Re: usb scanner, kernel 2.6.3

On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 09:45:21PM +0100, Philippe Marzouk wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 09:32:48PM +0100, Kenneth Macdonald Karlsen wrote:
> > Philippe Marzouk wrote:

> > >the kernel you have to swith to using libusb.
> > >
> > >For my Epson scanner I had simply to put
> > >
> > >usb
> > >
> > >on the epson.conf file
> > >
> > >Philippe

> > For my epson it was not as simple.
> > Sane is now supported by libusb and not kernel.
> > Run sane-find-scanner. You get something like this:
> >
> > found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8 [EPSON], product=0x0104
> > [Perfection1200]) at libusb:001:003
> >  # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be
> > supported by
> >  # SANE. Try scanimage -L and read the backend's manpage.
> >
> > Then I put this in /etc/sane.d/epson.conf:
> > usb libusb:001:003

I am having a bad time making this work. I have tried a
bunch of different options, including one found on the net about
making some changes in fstab:

none            /proc/bus/usb   usbfs   defaults,devmode=0666   0       0

Here is another output:
tony@hpd:~$ sane-find-scanner
found USB scanner (vendor=0x03f0, product=0x0401) at libusb:003:002
  # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported by

Made the change in /etc/sane.d/hp.conf
# HP ScanJet 5200C
#usb 0x03f0 0x0401
usb libusb:003:002

and also tried without libusb as indicated by one of you:
# HP ScanJet 5200C
#usb 0x03f0 0x0401
usb

Nothing works. Any ideas?