Re: Debian and module i810

Hello

Clyde Wilson (<clydew@accessbee.com>) wrote:

> I just installed Debian 3.0 r 1 "woody".  When I do a startx it
> produces the following error:
>      modprobe: Can't lacate module "i810"
>
> My computer works fine with Knoppix.

Did you use some of the Knoppix configuration? You should find out what
tries to load that module, and if you need it. Does Knoppix load the
module? Do you instead need the i810_audio module?

> Did I miss loading this module?  If so, could you please tell me what
> I should have done?

It seems like modprobe tries to load it, but it isn't there. Which
Kernel do you use?

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674