Re: Maxtor IDE controller cards not working

Incoming from Greg:
> Thanks ! I had just looked at man MAKEDEV (if all else fails look at the
> instructions !) and noticed that MAKEDEV will only make devices from hda to
> hdl - which would put a serious dent in my fileserver building efforts.

I could tell that this afternoon looking at MAKEDEV; it's a shell
script, after all.  Assuming the kernel would support it, perhaps you
could hack it to support more of what you want.  I have no idea if
this is feasible or not.  Good luck.

- -