RE: Maxtor IDE controller cards not working

You are right on. Once I used MAKEDEV I created the three device files for
my RAID array.  However I cannot create the /dev/hdm and /dev/hdm device
files.  I know I need to use mknod, but I cannot find the major and minor
numbers I need.  The whacky version of Debian I used was called Libranet and
does not have a /usr/src/linux/Documentation file, but I think I can use
something else - just don't know what.

But thanks on the MAKEDEV tip - I really appreciate it.

Greg