Re: Re: how to broadcast web, if dsl modem block port 80

Hi Eric

I just read your message today.  I guess you might have resolved this problem a long time ago.
But if not, here is what I found out about the Actiontec 1524SU.  It took 2 hours from the support people who could not broadcast my modem (receive resquest timed out).  So I spent another 3 hours last night playing all the possible configurations.  This was what I learned.  Every time you RESTART, RESET or reconfigure the ActionTec1524SU, you MUST go to the STATUS screen to RECONNECT it first before you can access.  I told the tech support, they tried and confirned it was true (if not, then my ADSL modem is defected).  you don't have to do this step if you do the fresh installation from the CD.  with the CD wizard installation it automatically connect it for you.  That was why we got confused.  Hope this will be helpful for your next config.
loc