Re: floppy based Debian linux

Kent West wrote:

aravind ghosh wrote:

hai everybody,

please help me in getting floppy based debian linux Operating system. i wanted to run an industrial PC, which only supports floppy disk.i needed networking support also for it.

Is it possible to get it. if yes please give me the way to get it.... OR else please let know ur suggestions.

Installation Instructions, including booting from floppies:
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/install

Unless I misunderstood that this machine doesn't even support a hard drive?! In that case . . . . I'd probably go with Tom's Root Boot or something similar rather than looking for a Debian system on floppy (I don't think that even makes sense, since the parts that make Debian Debian won't fit on a single floppy, and multiple floppies won't be practical).

Is this at least a 386 or higher? If not, you're out of luck.

--
Kent