Re: Newbies! please check this out -> http://www.aboutdebian.com/

Anthony Campbell wrote:
On 04 Mar 2004, Randy Rodriguez wrote:

That's odd. Mozilla is all right here but Firefox 0.7 definitely
crashes. I'm not using 0.8 because it seemed to have rather a lot of
bugs when I tried it recently.

AC

Check your Java install.  The site has a java ticker app (why, I don't
know).  That's probably what's causing the crash.

No, about:olugins shows that java is installed.

AC

As a Debian newbie, I immediately went to aboutdebian.com. Using
mozilla/1.6 masquarading as IE6 on RH9,..;) Mozilla crashes big time.
Firefox 0.6 (no java plugin) on WinXP is fine. I don't have Firefox on
this RH9 machine. The funny thing is that yesterday for a long period, I
got repeated crashes when using Mozilla/Mozilla Mail to visit
aboutdebian.com, debian.org and reading the mailbox I've set for the
debian users list. Mozilla loads aboutdebian.com and even scrolls up and
down about, but it will eventially crash..java scrolly thingy works
fine. Debian.org crashes my Mozilla (including desktop)
immediately..never even finishes loading. There was one particular
message in my debian-user mailbox about kernel problems that crashed my
whole desktop (logged me out) everytime I highlighted it. I got that one
message deleted by hand and all is well with the mailbox again. I just
visit debian.org and aboutdebian.com now with Konqueror.

I've been lurking here for a couple of months now, using all the fine
info to setup a new Debian server...migrating from an old Cobalt RaQ2.
Thanks all for the great info.

--
Diana - e-mail address is munged. Replies to list/NG please
Registered Linux user 290473