Re: jabber 2.0

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 06:27:49PM -0500, Antonio Rodriguez wrote:
> Hi all out there. Has anyone compiled the debs of jabber 2.0 for
> debian?

Yes, I've been working on creating debs for it.  There are three
currently uploaded to experimental: jabberd2-bdb, jabberd2-mysql, and
jabberd2-pgsql. I believe they are waiting on processing at this point.

> Any issues I should be aware of?

Well, first problem I ran into is that configuring the sources with
different auth and storage options didn't result in different file
generated, only different dependancies of the same binaries.  This and
some other issues have been discussed in the BTS here:

In addition to these, I would like to automate the configuration of
Jabberd2 prior to uploading it to unstable.  However, I'm not aware of
any tools to gracefully automate the configuration of the Jabberd2 XML
files, at least none currently packaged for Debian that I could use via
a Depends.  So, I'm looking into the packaging of one of these.

--
Jamin W. Collins