Re: exim problem

* Ivan Wills (ivan@apollolifesciences.com) [040229 20:49]:
> Recently the server has started to take about 30s before sending a email
> message. (It never did this before)
> It does not matter what the size of the message is. It seems like the
> server is waiting for the 30s before listening to the client.

I'd guess exim is trying to do an ident lookup with the client, but the
client is silently dropping the ident requests.  (Bad packet filter!)

"30 seconds" smells like a timeout; either ident or reverse DNS.

This happens with every client?  Is there a packet filter on the server
side?  Or a DNS misconfiguration?

good times,
Vineet
--