Any reason why mounting /tmp as tmpfs would be a bad idea?

I'm doing some audio work with JACK.  For performance reasons, the
developers recommend having JACK use a tmpfs filesystem for its
scratch work.  Normally, JACK does its work in /tmp.  One possibility
is to rebuild JACK from source, with a configuration option to use
a different location; and then create a tmpfs filesystem at that
location.  But a simpler option is to just make /tmp a tmpfs filesystem.
The JACK developers suggest either.

Given that /tmp gets cleaned on reboot anyway, I can't think of a reason
why it'd be a bad idea to use a tmpfs filesystem for /tmp.  But the fact
that I can't think of one doesn't mean there isn't.

So . . .any reason why this would be a bad idea?

Thanks,

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)