Re: gpg & mutt

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 the mental interface of
S.D.A. told:

> On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 06:27:17PM +0100 or thereabouts, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
> > On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 the mental interface of
> > S.D.A. told:
> >
> > > I'm having some difficulty getting pgp to work with mutt (1.5.6).
> > >
> > > The problem I'm having is that mutt can't seem to find my keys. I've
> > > been reading the Fine Manual, but it doesn't really go into, this is how
> > > one does this...for PGP/GPG anyway.
> > >
> > > FWIW, when I attempt to sign, this is echo'ed " Can't sign: No key
> > > specified. use sign(as)"
> >
> > Is your default key defined  in ~/.gnupg/options ?
>
> Elimar,
>
> Wierd, I don't seem to have an 'options' file. I'll see if it's
> somewhere else.

 Did you install the gnupg package?  There must be a options.skel in
 the distribution like in /usr/share/gnupg or
 /usr/locale/share/gnupg. Copy that file to your $HOME/.gnupg as
 $HOME/.gnupg/options and fix your keyserver, defaultkey etc in that
 file.  Also you need the gpg.rc.gz out of the mutt doc-distro
 unziped and copied to your $HOME/.mutt/muttrc.gpg. In .mutt/muttrc
 you have to notice mutt by source ~/.mutt/muttrc.gpg by that file.

 Thats my way and it works perfect ;-)

 HTH

 Elimar

--
  Never make anything simple and efficient when a way
  can be found to make it complex and wonderful ;-)