Re: Back to woody!

On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 03:37:06PM +0000, test524@comcast.net wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm a relatively new user who has been learning Linux and Debian by experimenting with a test machine I've set up. Like many newbies, I've gone in over my head--installing backports, trying my hand at compiling my own kernel, etc.
>
> I've now hosed things a bit in a couple of places, and I'd like to start afresh with a perfectly clean woody installation--wiping out all of my config files, reinstalling all packages from stable debs.
>
> Is there a good way to do this, short of reinstalling from scratch?

There is a small thread about that in debianplanet.org
Otherwise, probably the best is to just start from 0.
If you downgrade (see next, section 3.2.7)
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/quick-reference.en.html
you are going to have several broken places, that you will need to fix by hand.
For that debianplanet will help.