Kernel with RAID support compiled in, not as module

Hi all,

I am trying to set up bootable root Software RAID1 and the How Tos I have
found tell me I need RAID compiled *into* the Kernel, not added as a module,
and that RAID support is part of recent kernels. I am unclear which kernels
have RAID support compiled in and which don't.

I installed Woody onto a new Debian system from Woody CD#1 + Net. During
installation, I chose RAID support in the "Configure Device Driver Modules"
step, as well as my NIC driver of course.

1)	Do I now have RAID support compiled into my Kernel (Woody kernel 2.4.18),
or loading as modules?

2)	If I upgrade my kernel to "kernel-image-2.4.24-1-686," does that have RAID
support compiled into it? What about, "kernel-image-2.6-686"?

Thanks,

Roger