Re: Netscape 4.7x, unstable and XFree4.3

* Andreas Bach Aaen (abach@mail1.stofanet.dk) [040227 05:32]:
> I need this old outdated version of Netscape, as my homebanking
> requires it.

Hi Andreas,

Sorry, this is another post which does not answer your question.

But IMO, this is as good a reason as any to switch banks.  I've done
this in the past for specifically this reason.  I can't stand a bank
claiming that they provide "Internet Banking" only to find out later
that (for no good reason) they do browser checks or other broken
javascript crap which prevents it from running properly.  I'd never use
a bank whose branches featured drive-up tellers that only served SUVs.
This is the same thing.  I see this as an opportunity to let the bank
know that their broken technology is actively driving their customers
away to their competitors.  Tell them you'll bring your money back if
they'll give you a call when they've fixed it.

If you don't follow my thinking purely on philosophical grounds,
extrapolate their incompetence at putting together a simple web
application to the security of your money elsewhere in the bank's
various other systems, and switch for your own safety.

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/