Re: Lightweight Alternative to Mozilla-Firebird

----- Original Message -----
From: "Simon Huggins" <huggie@earth.li>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2004 10:21 PM
Subject: Re: Lightweight Alternative to Mozilla-Firebird

> On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 10:17:21PM +1000, Peter A. Cole wrote:
> > Just wondering if anyone can suggest a lighter weight alternative to
> > Mozilla Firebird?
>
> dillo is very lightweight but not very featureful.  I guess it depends
> where your cutoff lies.
>
> --
> Simon Huggins  \ Cows turn themselves inside out all the time. - Officer,
>                 \ South Park
> http://www.earth.li/~huggie/                                htag.pl 0.0.22

Thanks Simon, the second recommendation for dillo. I shall have to look at
it!

Tom, in relation to your comments on less features and GTK 1...

I think less features would be fine, I don't do anything complex, just
general browsing, google searches, etc. Although I would need cookies and
Java script I believe.

Are there any impacts of GTK 1? I'm not sure about that sort of thing at
all...

And sorry to both of you for replying directly instead of to the list...
can't wait to be rid of Outlook Express.

Thanks guys,

Pete