Re: PKI and SSH

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, Gregory Seidman wrote:

> Due to unpleasant (but arguably valid) policy changes at work, any SSH
> server within the work firewall must accept only PKI authentication.
> Unless we can convince the higher-ups otherwise, we will also have to
> use the commercial SSH server within the firewall. Of course, I should
> be able to use whatever client I like. Unfortunately, it is not clear
> that I can get OpenSSH to use PKI authentication. A bit of googling
> turns up a patch, but nothing too certain or clear. Does anyone know how
> to use PKI authentication with Debian's OpenSSH?

Hi Greg,

I am not sure if this is what you're asking, but if you want to use
Public Key Authentication and you're wondering if that would be possible
with OpenSSH, then the answer is yes. Interoperability with SSH.com
based SSH daemons is no problem either. You mentioned Google, so I
hesitate to point you

http://huizen.dto.tudelft.nl/devries/security/ssh2_pubkey_auth_config.html

as it could very well be that this is not the information you're looking
for.

HTH

Grx HdV