Re: all my ext3 filesystems died - completely!!!!

hi ya stephen

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004, stephen parkinson wrote:

> >what is the output of: ( in its entirity )
> >
> >	root#  fdisk -l /dev/hda
> >
> sorry, its now mute, 8hrs of re-install + upgrading

if you didnt repartition your disk ... and if your
cylinders overlap, you'd have the exact same error messages
on your newly installed system
and if so, it's not a mute issue

if you did repartition with [c]fdisk.. yes, it doesn't
matter anymore ( if partitions no longer overlap )

changing to different fs on top of a bad partitions will not
make bus errors ( using outside what it thinks is its boundries )
go away ...

c ya
alvin