Re: Thunderbird empty - anyone else ?

Stewart wrote:
Uwe Dippel wrote:

After the latest upgrade, Thunderbird opens without problem, but does not
show anything. Just the title. No Icon, no menu. It does not complain
either.
Any idea; anybody else experiencing this ?

Yes.

It happened when I upgraded TB from 0.5-1 to 0.5-2.

The old mozilla solution appears to work:  move
~/.mozilla-thunderbird, purge thunderbird, reinstall, move ~/.mozilla-thunderbird back.

It's far from the ~debian way~, but maybe something more elegant may yet appear. In the meantime, I'm using balsa and dabbling with thunderbird until it's a little less unstable.

in TB 0.5-2 there was a major packaging change, and there was a mixup. TB itself is quite stable at this point, this was just a packaging issue.

I'm sure the maintainer will find the problem and make a -3 sometime next week.