Re: PCL only printer

  --received from Ralph Katz--

> As an end user, I found much confusion in setting up my printer.  This
> page will reassure you that your printer is good for linux, but you may
> only need to do apt-get install hpijs cups  to get it running.
>
> http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-DeskJet_932C
>
> >HP DeskJet 932C
> >Color inkjet printer, max. 2400x1200 dpi, works Perfectly
> >Recommended driver: hpijs
> >Setup instructions for: CUPS, LPD, LPRng, GNUlpr, PPR, PDQ, no spooler
>
> The page also has debian specific suggestions.  Good luck!

Great.  Thanks for the hope!  I could try to convert to CUPS although
I've never used it.  I'm currently using LPRng.  I'll take a look at
the page and see if I can get it to work with my current software which
appears to be supported.  If I can't get anywhere with that, I'll see
what CUPS can do for me.

Thanks so much for the suggested web site,

Paul

--
Paul Yeatman       (858) 534-9896        pyeatman@ucsd.edu