Re: Postgre/PHP installation woes

Quoting Danny O'Brien <dannyo@steinrogan.com>:

> OK -- many thanks, much better
> However, the page is still refusing logins and passwords that were
> scripted into the DB (from the "fake_data" file), including the
> postgres db main user (not postgres, in our case).
>
> So, my next stop is to figure out how to manually add users into our
> database, to make sure that we have a working user in there.

Euh...

Not sure what you mean with the "fake_data" file, and I (or anybody else) can't
really help you with adding users to the database, since we have no idea what
your database or application looks like.

If I understand you correctly, you are now past the postgre problems and trying
to get your php code to work again.
It looks like your users table is empty and you want to add a user manually right?

Send me the code of auth.php, login.php and dbconnect.php and I'll have a look
at it (feel free to remove the passwords).
However, we might better take this of the list, since it's so specific that I
don't think others could benefit from a possible solution.

Up to you

joost

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error please notify A.S.T.R.I.D.  nv/sa immediately and then delete this e-mail.