Re: Postgre/PHP installation woes

My recommendation (I didn't see this in your extensive littany of steps
taken) is to add the following line to /etc/postgresql/postgresql.conf
and then restart postgresql)

tcpip_sociket = 1

	good luck,
		~c

Danny O'Brien wrote:

Thanks to everyone for the helpful replies (my original post is below, under the $$$$ line). It appears that PHP is not connecting to our postgre database, as indicated by the following error that appears on the main PHP web page:

Parse error: parse error in /var/www/srp/dbconnect.php on line 5