installing Debian from local network

Hello! I want to install Debian from local network. I have a functional Debian
server (3.0 stable, kernel 2.4.21) with dhcp, tftp and nfs all working. The
client is configured to boot with netboot package, and in images director is
tftpboot.img (from Debian CD). The client boots, connects dhcp, gets IP,
connects tftp, but fails with "Error: Invalid header" traing to load image file.
I have to mention that if I replace tftpboot.img from Debian CD with another
output file of mknbi-linux from some bzImage, everything goes well!
I also have missunderstandings from the folowing section of Installing Debian
documentation:

""4.5.5 Move TFTP Images Into Place
Next, place the TFTP boot image you need, as
found in Description of Installation System Files, Section 11.2.3, in the tftpd
boot image directory. Generally, this directory will be /tftpboot. You'll have
to make a link from that file to the file which tftpd will use for booting a
particular client. Unfortunately, the file name is determined by the TFTP
client, and there are no strong standards. Often, the file that the TFTP client
will look for is client-ip-in-hexclient-architecture. To compute
client-ip-in-hex, take each byte of the client IP address and translate it into
hexadecimal notation. If you have a machine handy with the bc program, you can
use the program. First issue the obase=16 command to set the output to hex, then
enter the individual components of the client IP one at a time. As for
client-architecture, try out some values."

Any sugestion is welcome. Thanks.
Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm