apt-get debian-cd installs openoffice.org!!

Help!

Last week while trying to install openoffice my drive ran out of space and the
install failed. I tried to remove openoffice but it says I should try
reinstalling it.

==========
whitestar:~# apt-get remove openoffice.org
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Package openoffice.org is not installed, so not removed
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  openoffice.org-bin
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 14 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B of archives.
After unpacking 0B of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
dpkg: error processing openoffice.org-bin (--remove):
 Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should
 reinstall it before attempting a removal.
 openoffice.org-bin

==========

I added a new hard drive but I can't use the drive until I install debian on it.
to do that I think I need to create a custom install CD. I want to install debian-cd
and debootstrap but apt-get debian-cd is trying to install openoffice!

=========
whitestar:~# apt-get install debian-cd
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  debootstrap grep-dctrl openoffice.org openoffice.org-bin openoffice.org-debian-files
  openoffice.org-l10n-en sysutils
Suggested packages:
  palo openoffice.org-help ooqstart-gnome oooqs-kde cupsys-bsd ttf-bitstream-vera prelink
  openoffice.org-hyphenation-en openoffice.org-help-en
Recommended packages:
  hfsutils openoffice.org-mimelnk
  debian-cd debootstrap grep-dctrl openoffice.org openoffice.org-debian-files
  openoffice.org-l10n-en sysutils
  openoffice.org-bin
1 upgraded, 7 newly installed, 0 to remove and 14 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 58.1MB of archives.
After unpacking 183MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]n
========

How do I stop apt-get from trying to install openoffice?

:(

jim