Re: Beginner question

agentsagent@hotmail.com wrote:

Hi apologies if this is primitive,
I've just installed Debian 3.0 and lilo successfully using woody, but when the system is booting it goes through all the configurations then it suddenly freezes at /etc/console/boottime.kmap.gz. I have also noticed it stalls when it aligns its system clock (but I free it with Ctrl & C). Has anyone any idea what the problem could be? Thanks
Dave

Try booting into single-user mode:

boot: linux single

If that works, then the problem is probably fixable fairly easily; it'll just take some experimentation. If that doesn't work, try a LiveCD, like Knoppix, to see if it boots.

--
Kent