Re: installing woody using siig ultra ata/133 pci card

Hi all, something very interesting. I booted debian on my old western digital
as primary master (on board ide) and my cd-rom as secondary master and cd-rw
as secondary slave. My siig ultra ata is installed and my seagate is
connected to it's primary and the drive is jumped as master.

The western digital has debian testing with kernel-image-2.4.24-1-k6.

Ok, Linux boots up perfect. It sees the seagate and I am able
to csfdisk and mkfs. as root I mounted /dev/hde and I can use the drive.
The drive works.

However, nothing has allowed me to boot the install CD and install a fresh
debian onto the new seagate. The install insists there are no hard disks.

I don't know what to do. I want the new seagate to be my boot drive.
is there another option?

Jim