Re: german characters (ü,ö,ä,ß) on debian linux

Matthias Schweinoch wrote:
hi,

i run a woody 3.0r1 linux, and i can't seem to get certain german characters displayed (or typed). this effect is limited to certain applications. for example, i can see and type the characters in my mailer, (as they appear in the subject line), emacs will take them (though saving files with these characters will typically bugger them up), but in an xterm (or konsole), or when i work with x11 disabled, i can't type or see these characters: when i call "ls" on a directory that holds entries with these characters, they will be replaced by a question mark... trying to type them gives me the error beep.

maybe you can try this

http://eyegene.ophthy.med.umich.edu/unicode/

I'vnt try myself!

i'd be thankful for suggestions.