Re: sig dashes munged at master.d.o or Mutt issue?

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 06:01:38AM +0100, Jan Minar wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 05:04:13PM -0800, Marc Wilson wrote:
> > On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 01:49:20PM -0800, Marc Wilson wrote:
> > > I don't see anything in the Mutt doc that says trailing space(s) get
> > > stripped in the pager... and I can't see it being an xterm thing, so what's
> > > up?
>
> My mutt displays the trailing spaces OK: Linux vt, xterm, uxterm, Eterm.
>
> It looks like an ill-devised optimization in the screen-writing code.
> AFAICT, the mutt people like such things.  There probably isn't a
> variable to control this.

I remember way back when, when I still thought transparent *terms were
cool, that running Mutt did strange things in one.  Like it would paint
parts of the window, and you could see the root pixmap through them, and
other parts not.

And it did trailing spaces then.  I distinctly remember that because I
thought it was really odd.

Let's see... how old a Mutt do I have in /var/cache/apt/archives...

No, only back to 1.5.4+20030913.  What's on my testing box... no, no go
there either.

I'll have to grab something from Woody and see what happens.

--
 Marc Wilson |     Here I am at the flea market but nobody is buying
 msw@cox.net |     my urine sample bottles ...