system performance monitor

Hi,

I am new to debian and I'm looking for some kind of performance monitor that
gives an instantaneous readout of typical performance indicators like
memory, cpu and network bandwidth. it should be terminal based if at all
possible as the machine is hosted and doesn't have X installed.

Along the same lines, I'm also looking for something that can display
details of my hardware configuration (physical RAM, network speed, RAID
configuration etc)

it doesn't really matter whether it's part of the standard distro or not - I
only have a very minimal install at the moment (what a refreshing change
from all that redhat bloat :-) so whatever it is I'll have to download and
install it.

Many thanks

Andy