Re: Mounting CD-Roms under 2.6.2

On Monday 23 February 2004 11:14, debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org
wrote:
> would you please try k3b and report your findings?
> here 2.6.3 with hdc=cdrom hdd=cdrom in grub/menu.list

I am not using grub. K3B certainly finds the discs, wants then at scd0,1 as I
said. I put in a junky rerecordable. K3B "erased" it with no problems but
nothing happened trying to write a file. COULD be the media (bottem of the
line) but had the system freeze going through the options.

It may be that adding those lines to grub or lilo allows the discs to be used
the "old way" on hdc hdd. I am still using ide-scsi but would be willing to
try the other way if someone could tell me how to set it up.