Apple's mouse (was: Re: dcgui problems)

On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 08:48:48PM +0100, Jan Minar wrote:
| On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 01:55:22PM +0000, steven noble wrote:
| > im running a mac with dcgui version 0.2.19, and because a mac only has a
| > single click mouse i cannot
|
| AFAICT, there MUST be a way to emulate all the 3 mouse buttons.  If not,
| tons of apps would be broken.

If you are using OSX with XFree86 then holding Ctrl and clicking is
the middle button, holding Alt and clicking is the right button.  (or
something like that - just try those 3 or 4 buttons on the lower left
of the keyboard).

Alternatively, buy a real mouse (USB) and use it instead of the Apple
one.

I don't remember how XFree worked on Debian on a G4.  I did install it
once, as a proof that I could.  I probably used my own real mouse (a
nice Logitech MouseMan Wheel, too bad they don't make them anymore)
which has all of the buttons and a wheel.

HTH,
-D

--
An anxious heart weighs a man down,