Re: OT: C++ mailing list sought

On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 05:59:15PM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
} Please forgive me asking this question here. Since accu.org charges
} for mailing list access and the Cpp list @topica was pretty bad when
} I last checked it out (or is this not the case anymore?), I am
} looking for a C++ mailing list for general discussion and problem
} solving. I wouldn't mind if it's geared towards UNIX and I wouldn't
} have to deal with MFC/C# crap.
}
} Does anyone have any pointers for good lists?

It depends on your goals. For most C++ questions I go to the #C++
channel on freenode (that's IRC). If you are looking to just sort of
absorb C++ knowledge, I recommend joining the boost mailing list (see
boost.org). If you join the Qt mailing list you can get away with a C++
question or two, but it's really geared more toward Qt itself. I don't
know of a straight C++ mailing list.

} --
} martin;              (greetings from the heart of the sun.)
--Greg