Re: CD-rom references from Lilo

> On Sunday 22 February 2004 12:09, debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org
> wrote:
> > Where in 2.4.x, you would do hdc=ide-scsi in /etc/lilo.conf, you would
> > do hdc=cdrom in 2.6.x

Q: Is putting hdc=cdrom equivalent to not putting anything at all?
I.e., will ide-cd get loaded by default?  (I tried this and my kern.log
looked the same...)

Q: The same CD track takes :19 seconds with hdc=cdrom or nothing and :15
seconds with ide-scsi to rip with cdparanoia (2nd time through; to warm
first).  cdparanoia recommends using ide-scsi for faster ripping; should
I expect this to continue to hold true in Kernel 2.6?

[I asked q2 in paranoia@xiph.org and am waiting for an answer]