Debian laptop and internet connection sharing

I sometimea use my Debian Laptop with a Wi-Fi card to access the Verizon WiFi spots in Manhattan. My partner (in the ambulance) is finding it increasingly difficult to find public WAP's. Would it be possible for him to plug a crossover cable into my RJ45 jack and share my internet connection while I am connected to a WAP via my WiFi card? I attempted to use Google, but could only find HowTo's regarding desktop machines and standard NIC's. Any pointers to a guide or HowTo would be appreciated.

I also tried the reverse. Using his Window XP lgged into verizon, I tried to enable ICS (internet connection sharing), I was able to get an IP address on the debain laptop, but was not able to surf the web.

Thanks,

Nick