Re: DVD copying and CSS

On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 11:10:35PM -0500, Jeff Elkins wrote:
> On Saturday 21 February 2004 10:34 pm, Bijan Soleymani wrote:
> >Consumer grade media doesn't allow you to record the CSS key on the medium.
> >I think it's preburned with 0s or something like that. So you can only store
> >unencrypted video on them.
> >
> >Bijan
>
> Huh?
>
> I copy commercial DVDs for my daughter. The original stays in her control, and
> the copy goes into the grandkids playroom. This is all done on standard DVD+R
> blanks.
>
> Piracy my old white butt :)

Huh?

I didn't use that word (piracy). I was just giving a possible reason
why it might be necessary to decrypt DVDs before copying them.

How do you copy the DVDs? Do you simply make an iso (or the DVD equivalent)
or do you have to decrypt the vob files or use some fancy software to do
it? If you can simply copy the dvd straight through, then I'm completely
wrong...

Bijan
--
Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com>