Re: chroot + apt-get

On Sat, 2004-02-21 at 05:25, Horst Exenberger wrote:
> How can I use "apt-get dist-upgrade" and avoid to restart running daemons? I
> need it to update diskless-clients directly on the server where their roots
> are.

I do this kind of thing, but my clients are not running when I
dist-upgrade them from the server.  Evidently, invoke-rc.d notes that
the current run level is 0 (in the chroot environment) and does not
restart upgraded daemons.

If clients are running, I do dist-upgrade in the client, because I want
daemons to restart (if suggested by package maintainer) when the
corresponding package is upgrade.