Re: Kernel compile blues

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004, Jérémie Knuesel wrote:

> Try using kernel-package: I've compiled a lot of kernels without problem
> with it, just following the instructions on this page:
>
> http://newbiedoc.sourceforge.net/system/kernel-pkg.html
>
> Also, if you want to install a 2.6 kernel, make sure you have installed
> the module-init-tools package.
>
> Another site you may find helpful (never used but it seems comprehensive):
>
> http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=2949

	First of all I'm right now stuck with apt-get not ready to install
	anything as per another post from me.

	This is what I get:

E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11 Resource temporarily
unavailable)
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is
another process using it?

	Mind helping with this too? :)

	Thanks a lot for the links above. Don't we need to compile a
	kernel in the generic way before using kpkg?

Regards,
Deboo

--
Can someone, who causes pain to others,