Re: X upgrade, Wheel mouse stopped working -fixed

due to fuzzy thinking and fumble fingers, I no longer have the version that
caused the problem, so I cannot guess what the change was that caused the
problem. However the Mouse configuration entries were the same between the
two!!

Rats! I've never had a wheel working under linux, and I was following this thread sure the solution would be revealed...

I've just subscribed. Pardon me for not having time to look up previous
posts, but here is what I have in my /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 on a Debian
stable:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
[...]
        InputDevice     "Configured Mouse"
        InputDevice     "Generic Mouse"
EndSection

I've never bothered to check if one of these entries is superfluous.
Works like a charme. Mouse is a <crossing myself> M$ IntelliMouse.

--
Bye, Kai