Re: how to install an ftp server

I'm fairly new to debian but I'll give er a shot.

Marty Landman wrote:

> At 12:03 PM 2/14/2004, Adam Aube wrote:
>
>>A better check would be:
>>
>>dpkg -l | grep "ftpd"
>
> nothing there too
>
>> > What do I do to get this going?
>>
>>apt-get install vsftpd

I'm lazy, i just do this from the getgo, if its already there then it wont
install it again.

> This is new to me. An apt-cdrom add seems to have worked, but apt-get
> update seems to have failed.
>
> woody:~# cat /etc/apt/sources.list
> deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 _Woody_ - LordSutch.com MiniCD i386
> Binary-1 (20020920)]/ unstable main non-US/main
> deb ftp://ftp.us.debian.org doc pool main project dpkg
>
> woody:~#
>

> I'm guessing that my addition on line two isn't right, or not enough. What
> do I need to have a usefull sources.list?

I think everything in brackets is a comment or label, so line two is part of
line one. the third line is your only installed apt repository aside from
the cd. Do you have your cd in the tray when you run an apt-get update?

--
Usenet an online roleplaying game
   that gives lives to those who don't have them.