Re: wpc11 Linksys Wireless Card

Wes Reneau wrote:
I've read untill I'm blue in the face with regard to get the Linksys WPC11 Ver. 3 card working. The problem is I'm instructed to download some files from TLDP, however this kind of defeats the purpose dontcha think, I dont have a internet connection. This email is sent from a working laptop at work.

I've come to the conclusion that a clean install of DEBIAN is the best way, I've used MEPIS, KNOPPIX and a few others but they are bloated and have alot of things I simply dont want to haggle with, uninstalling and reconfiguring, but they do automatically get my wirelss card working. It's easier or clearner for me to just get a clean install from debian and struggle thru to the bitter end.

Can anyone help me with this project, I'm not entirely new to linux but I'm by no means a seasoned user.

Thanks and I'm looking forward to your help.

I have used the linksys wdt11 card. It uses the wpc11 to work in a desktop. All I did was compile the wireless part of network kernel configeration into the kernel. I have done this with kernels 2.6.0 2.6.1 and 2.6.2 . Have you compiles your own kernel? I must admit that I set up debian sarge with normal lan, then disabled the lan in MB and installed the linksys card and all worked well.
Good Luck!