Re: cdrecord tricks for secret data tracks?

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 02:01:27AM +0000, i'll teach you to turn away. wrote:
<snip>

> 1. burn audio first:
>    "cdrecord -pad -v speed=16 dev=0,0,0 -multi -audio filesfilesfiles"
> 2. find numbers to begin second session:
>    "cdrecord dev=0,0,0 -msinfo" (outputs x,y)
> 3. create iso file:
>    "mkisofs -l -C x,y -o tmp.iso filesfilesfiles"

Okay - just been re-checking the docs.  I'm pretty sure I used the
README.cdplus as a guide.  I did also notice in the README.multi

    "Use the -R flag to add Rock Ridge extensions (this is important)."

I don't have my exact mkisofs command saved, but maybe this will help?

> 4. burn data second:
>    "cdrecord -v speed=16 dev=0,0,0 -multi -xa1 cd_image"
>
> 	i also tried burning the data track with "cdrecord -v speed=16
> dev=0,0,0 -multi -data cd_image" since i don't know enough to know if
> -xa1 is what i want. & i've tried burning both data types without the
> -multi, as my reading shows cdrecord doesn't close the disc unless you
> leave off the -multi on the last session.

I think this is correct, the -multi does not go on the last burn.

I did it once (from the cdrecord README.cdplus).  These are the cdrecord
commands I used (I save them in my .bash_history since I don't use it
enough to remember them - and my CD burner died a while back & hasn't
been replaced yet so I can't test):

    cdrecord speed=8 -v dev=0,0 -multi -dao -useinfo -swab *.wav
    cdrecord speed=12 -v dev=0,0 -data disk.out

I don't recall if the -dao was important to this. The -swab was
obviously just a swap bytes needed by my burner to do the audio
correctly.

There wasn't anything special I did to mount it.

HTH

--

Chris Harris <charris@rtcmarketing.com>
GNU/Linux --- The best things in life are free.