nautilus, gnome-vfs-sftp, failing to run ssh-askpass-gnome

Hi,

Anyone gotten gnome-vfs-sftp working as advertised?  I can get it to
work if I've already added a key to my ssh-agent without problems.  It's
not working as I understand it should with ssh-askpass-gnome, though.
Instead, CPU usage gets pegged at 100%, which top shows is ssh's fault.
tty1 (where I issued startx) is being flooded with "Enter passphrase for
...:" messages.

I was able to get ssh-askpass-gnome to work by putting 'ssh-add <
/dev/null' (ssh-add without the redirection didn't work) in my
~/.Xsession .  But afaik, there's no way to make that work from
gnome-vfs-sftp.

I'd prefer to be able to use gnome-ssh-askpass as advertised, rather
than using a deciphered private ssh key.  I haven't yet tried setting
the SSH_ASKPASS environment variable.

This is a sarge(testing) system:

ii  gnome-vfs-sftp 0.1.2-5        SFTP method for gnome-vfs
ii  ssh            3.6.1p2-11     Secure rlogin/rsh/rcp replacement (OpenSSH)
ii  ssh-askpass-gn 3.6.1p2-11     under X, asks user for a passphrase for ssh-
ii  nautilus       2.4.1-3        file manager and graphical shell for GNOME

I have no qualms about upgrading to unstable packages if it means
getting an out-of-the-box (no required edits to ~/.Xsession /
environment) fix for this buggy behavior.

Also, if this is not a known issue, suggestions as to where to file the
bug are welcome.

good times,
Vineet
--