Re: 2.6, modules, and ALSA

Guest, Simon wrote:
Hi Peter,

Well, I can get rid of them by renaming /lib/modules/2.6.2-1-k7/kernel/sound/oss but that seems like inviting trouble and is certainly not the Right Way.

Have you got discover installed?  By default it tries to discover your sound
card at boot time, and helpfully installs an OSS driver for it.  You can see
this happening in /var/log/boot, if you've got that enabled.

You can disable this by tweaking what it loads in /etc/discover.conf.

At least, this was my experience from 2.4.

Apologies for the stupid disclaimer below.  Please ignore it.

cheers,
Simon

That fixed it.  Thank you.
Peter