Info re. lilo 22.5.8-11 on Sarge

All,

Just some info.  lilo's behavior has changed with the above package in
Sarge.  It will by default apply change automatic, which for me meant
that it changed the partition types of all but one of the NTFS/FAT32
partitions on the disk containing my XP system partition to "hidden",
causing a certain amount of consternation this morning on booting XP :)

lilo *does* issue a warning during install that it's going to apply change
automatic.

If you missed or ignored the warning:  to clean up the mess, use cfdisk to
reset partition types and add just "change" to your "other" stanza which
will disable this behavior.

--

It is important to realize that any lock can be picked with a big
enough hammer.
               -- Sun System & Network Admin manual