Re: Recovery Solutions

Hi Christopher,...

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 09:40:06 -0500
"Christopher Davis" <cldavis99@speakeasy.net> wrote:

> I have not had the best of luck getting Mondo to work
> correctly under Debian and now am looking for some options.
> Have found:
> 1.  System Imager -- systemimager.org -- looks great, but I
> want to generate a bootable cdrom to recover from, not store
> on a image server...
> 2.  mkCDrec -- mkcdrec.ota.be -- Seems to do the job like
> Mondo, until I try to restore the image to a machine with a
> different size hard drive.

I tried several of those packages but in the end just fell back to
using mondo on my Debian boxes. Only thing I'd recommend: You should
try using a recent version of mondo; I remember the packages in
woody being pretty old and not working the way I expected. Check out
the mondo stuff in sarge or sid, works a lot better. :)

Cheers,
Kris