Re: GCC

Mike M wrote:
On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 10:55:36PM -0500, Roberto Sanchez wrote:

Got here late.  Didn't see thread.  Use g++ instead of gcc.  The .h is
optional with g++ 2.95.4 and g++ 3.0.4.  Compiling with -Wall didn't
generate a warning when iostream.h was used.  IIRC I did see a nastygram
about .h being deprecated, but I didn't see it on the following:

I don't know if .h is officially deprecated now, but it probably will be in the future at some point. Referring to C++ headers without the .h is part of the C++ "standard" now (mentioned in my reference book on standard C++). The intent is to visually separate the old C headers from the new C++ ones. For the old headers you still use .h, but for the C++ headers you don't.