Re: default destination in exim?

On 2004-02-17, Ken Gilmour penned:

> Try adding the following to exim.conf
>
> *@yourdomain.com ${lookup{$1}lsearch*{/etc/email-addresses}
> {$value}fail}

In which section would this go?

> You will also need to put * into /etc/email-addresses

Um, something here is making me nervous.  Would I have to then enumerate
every possible mail user in /etc/email-addresses as well?

Ie, if joe, bob, and dan are actual users on my machine, but do not have
entries in /etc/email-addresses, and I put the rewrite rule you suggest
into my config, will all of their email go to the user defined for * ?

I don't understand why putting
*: username
in my /etc/aliases file doesn't seem to work =/

--
monique