Mixing Sounds from Multiple Users

Does anyone know of a way to send sounds from a client to a remote sound
server and then mix the sounds with sounds from a second user on the
remote server before finally outputting them to the sound card?

I know it's possible to send sounds to a remote esd server, but I
wasn't able to find much documenting this feature in
/usr/share/doc/esound or on esd's website. Plus, I've only ever heard of
esd mixing sounds for one user, not multiple users...

We have a couple computers in the same room here and I'd like to put the
sound from all the computers into the one with the best speakers... This
way any computer can play their music, should there not be any playing
from any of the other computers currently _and_ all users will still be
able to hear their sound notifications - such as an instant message or
new mail, etc.

After using some fairly good surround sound speakers with my computer
for a while, I'm getting really tired of the sounds coming out of the
$10 specials from across the room... :-)

TIA,
Jacob

-----
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135