Re: Very strange: Cannot access any sites although connection apparently good

On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 05:17:07PM +0000, Anthony Campbell wrote:
| On 16 Feb 2004, David Clymer wrote:
[...]
| > Do you have ECN enabled?

| Yes, thank you very much; this really does seem to be it.
| Next question: how do I turn it off permanently? A quick search on my
| system suggests it has something to do with ipchains, hence my firewall,
| which seems a bit of a problem.

To disable TCP ECN at each boot, put the following in /etc/sysctl.conf:
    # Some routers are broken.
    net/ipv4/tcp_ecn = 0

(if the router correctly and completely followed the TCP
specification, then the ECN extension wouldn't cause it to
malfunction)

-D

--
> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0