Re: Exim4 not scanning for viruses when sending email to the world.

On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 04:24, Mark M wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've gotten stuck on the following Exim4 problem
>
> Sending email from outside and LAN to local users = email gets scanned
> on viruses via the amavis router.
> Sending email from outside and LAN to outside users = email does not get
> scanned for viruses via the amavis router.
>
> I would like my email server to check outgoing email for viruses as well
> as scanning incoming ones.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to arrange that?

Where do you have your amavis router with respect to the dnslookup
router (or any other router that uses the remote_smtp transport)?

If you've got your amavis router _folowing_ that, then only once exim
has decided that the mail is NOT going to be sent to a remote host will
it get around to scanning the mail with amavis. If you want both
incoming and outgoing scanned, you've got to move your amavis router to
some spot preceding your remote_smtp routers.

-davidc